Monday, February 23, 2009

Winter sculptures

Amusing as the cats are lately...


with Fable into nonstop trouble from the moment she wakes up until the moment she collapses from exhaustion...


The sunshine gave dogs and I a welcome excuse to take a walk and leave Fable and Kai to sort thru their differences.


Freshly fallen snow marked only by crisscrossing deer tracks which melted through to the ground underneath.


And wildly ecstatic pibbles dashing through the snow...


What's a pibble, mom? A pibble is a cuddly pitbull silly girl.


I used my ultraviolet filter today to look for sunlight wherever it landed.


It captures the true vibrant colors where the light hits.


We stalked a woodpecker for awhile but no clear shots presented themselves, so I was contented to shoot the familiar which to me always has a new face.


I am never much concerned with redundancy, it always seems you can can the one better shot if you keep at it.


Nature's moments are fleeting enough not to stop and worry about it much.


Domino is infinitely patient with Charm jumping on his head.


I keep thinking when we round this or that corner we will be out of the wind and then realize there is no wind and it is just plain cold.


Then I decide to wander in pursuit of snow sculptures, for this time of year one never knows when they will be the last of the season.


The tiny funguses on the trees have blankets of snow.


The sun painted blue stripes across the snow on the lake.


More and more vines are appearing out of the snow. They seem to know that the days are getting longer and are impatient to be on their merry way into spring.


Snow sculptures abound in every nook and cranny.


I wonder what long-winded description my art professors in college might have come up with to describe these forms?


Something profound and thought-provoking no doubt.


I won't be so poetic, they remind me of snow slugs out grazing on a sunny day.


Here's a little clip of my monkeys in the snow...just blurs through the trees and blurs going by...LOL! And that's just the way Charm always sounds, she's a big complainer and always wants to be first. That's the border collie in her!!!

No comments: