Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Self Expression and Reflections

Though the weather has cooled down, the sun came out to worship the cats, or vice versa. In my case probably the former.


So we were off for a walk and to feed the trout. The lamb's ears are still blooming away.


I warmed up my shutter in the sun and rocks, as usual stopping to pick up a rock to take home.


Fall is touching the trees on the upper edge of the large lake.


Domino took a moment to cool off in the water after dashing madly around for a few minutes.


Charm has decided the temperatures have dropped too low for swimming.


We were earlier in the day than usual and the sun glowed through the leaves overhead. I stopped to listen to the sounds of a woodpecker and though I caught him on film, he was too far overhead to get a good shot.


Today was about looking for shots to express the mood I have been in lately.


Because I can't quite put a finger on it with words.


I can only express it in impressions.


Ripley has developed a sort of funny sounding pant and I worry about her but she dashes through the woods leaping over logs and doesn't seem too bothered.


Charm and Domino spent very little time on the trail and were just rustlings through the underbrush and ambushes along the way.


Up above the sun was warm and welcoming.


Images of fall were everywhere.


But then the sun had tricked some trees into sending out new blooms


It was an unexpected oasis of sweet smells. And almost like a postscript of spring.


But blooms were the exception rather than the rule.


Seeds were definitely the center stage.


But perhaps that captured my emotion...the buds of spring, the seeds of fall and everything in between.


Enigmatic, cryptic and contradictory.


For a brief moment I wondered if I was reflecting nature or nature was reflecting me?


We meandered a bit, somewhat reluctant to be on our way on one of those days you know will become a rare commodity as fall winds on.


I followed Ripley on a small sidetrip to catch this odd mushroom.


Charm and Domino ran and ran until tongues were hanging out a yard.


Like whirlwinds they all scatter through the forest and in one big twister pile into the car bringing the smells and seeds and leaves with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

absolute beauty.... truly inspiring!