Monday, March 30, 2009

Sometimes you wake up with a feeling...

From the moment I woke up and looked around at chores and work done, I knew it was going to be one of those days. And sure enough, a dog emergency at a shelter had me emailing and calling trying to save one very sweet perfect dog and after hustling I was thrilled to make the last call and be told by a very cheerful shelter worker that he was being adopted as we spoke. What a close call for that little guy! I am so happy for him! But what a heart attack he gave me in the meantime! Saved in the nick of time! I hope you got a great home, little one! So after that it was time to scoop up my own dogs and get out.


It was such a pretty day. Chilly but gorgeous sun and clean and crisp.


Both dogs well in tune and making me smile with their exuberant antics up and down the trail.


Some days I am so glad to have so much work out of the way that I can enjoy these afternoon romps, It's a big motivator.


Domino are onto longer rewards so he doesn't get in the habit of zooming in for a treat and taking off, now it is about distractions.


I was well pleased with the progress and our walk just settled into a lazy pace. Standing looking up at the cliffs, something caught my eye, but even zooming in through the camera lens, I could not make out what was making me look twice...just something different.


So we continued our climb and Charm woofed once but seemed unconcerned. Suddenly two vultures took off form the cliffs where they had been sunning themselves.


They are so amazing and I love watching them all summer using the heat from the rocks to gain lift.


I was sorry to have missed them sitting on the cliffs with their wings spread catching the sun, but I continued on and then a third one joined them in flight.


Oh those missed shots, so rarely do you get a second chance and to miss it was sad.


But Domino caught my attention seeking a way down the rock face. What is up with that, Domino? You are not a mountain goat. Maybe his nose is telling him that there are interesting things living between the boulders. Luckily Charm doesn't have much interest in rock climbing.


We stayed for awhile watching for the return path of the vultures as they climb in circles, but they were mere dots in the sky very quickly. So we had to settle for more mundane views.


And bare trees without even the first sign of spring.


But there was one sure and reliable sign of spring...Domino flopped down in the mud to cool his tummy. Aww, the beginning of many days of a muddy Domino.


Another day well done, another happy ending.

No comments: