Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The snow, snow, snow came down, down, down...

On a personal note: we are enjoying the blizzard which swept through and is rumored to be far from over. Somewhere around 2 am I was out happily shoveling snow which took several different shovels and I was finished around 4 am...frozen to the core and even the pits had long since tired of playing outside in the drifts.



It was beyond gorgeous however, the streets deserted except for the pickups and their snow plows headed to various destinations. The wind was somewhat vicious but the work kept me warm. The dogs were ecstatic to enjoy some loose time since everything was so deserted and they raced around and around the side yard...delighted for some middle of the night playtime.

So I was dismayed to wake this morning to find that the perfectly clear sidewalks I had so diligently shoveled were once again covered with snow. But the view out my third floor window was wintery and wonderful.



So I think I will let the snow sit for a bit and worry about it a little later when the sore muscles have recovered.
Fable has confiscated the dog's bed in front of the fire for the time being, proving once again that cats rule.



No matter how small.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how wonderful.....i love the cats rule... but dogs do drool! The night photo was awesome. I think you should sepia it and have some more fun with the morning pic, but that is just an opinion. Oh by the way BRAVO for the shoveling! Good for you! ~Kaite