Thursday, April 16, 2009

Back to my old haunts...

Yesterday it was business first, but business is so much more pleasant when it's out in the country. I enjoyed visiting with some goats.



Misty Washington on a spring day.



Where the evergreens are greener than green.



We arranged with my brother to drive down from Seattle and join us on a day trip to Salem, where I went to school forever ago.



Our first stop was to do a little shopping at one of my favorite spots.



Which is always a fun way to start a day.



Then it was off to Salem to spend the afternoon.



We stopped by Jonathan's but it was temporarily closed.



But we enjoyed downtown Salem anyway.



And all the amazing architecture which had filled out my art education once upon a time.



After a leisurely stay in Salem, we headed back towards Portland.





Chasing the sunset.





Even though it meant detouring here and there to catch it.





Eventually it was time to part ways with my brother who headed north again and we took a walk down by the boat docks.



Between all of us, it was a fun photo safari and a nice day. Its sometimes fun to retrace your steps from the past. And definitely fun to spend some time with my brother who I don't get to see enough of.


No comments: